Q. How can I do MFA (authentication) for Okta (SSO) without a cell phone?
After I have initially set up SSO, is there an easier way to authenticate each time when I don't have a phone?
Setting up a security question is a new option for Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) in Okta Single Sign-On (SSO). You can use the security question option if you do not have access to a phone (cell phone or landline). Please note: you must set up SSO (Okta) and MFA first, before you can make any changes, including choosing the security question option. For help with initial setup if you do not have a cell phone or landline, visit this page.
You will need to access your current verification method to make changes to it, as outlined below.
- Log into sso.centralgatech.edu
- In the top right menu – click on your name, and then choose Settings
- Click “Edit Profile” – a large green button at the top of the page. This will require MFA at this stage.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the profile page.
- Set up the security question and remove any option you do not wish to use anymore.