Q. How do I reset my CGTC password?
If you cannot remember your password, you can easily reset it in the CGTC Student Portal.
Please note: All new students must reset their password before they can access any CGTC systems, including Blackboard.
- Visit the Student Portal.
- Select Reset Password.
- Fill out the password reset form and select Reset Password. All fields are required.
- Your student ID number can be found on your acceptance letter and your class schedule. You can also lookup your ID number in the Student Portal by selecting Forgot Student ID Number, User Name, or Email Address? and filling out the account lookup form.
- All information must be entered exactly as it appears in our records.
- Please double-check to make sure that your information is accurate and spelled correctly before selecting the Reset Password button.
- The system will generate a random password for you. It will be displayed in a blue box at the top of the screen. Log in to the Student Portal using that password (it is easier if you copy and paste it).
- Fill out the form to change your password to something you can remember. Select Reset Password to change your password.